Re: CfC: publish WD of XHR; deadline November 29

On Wed, 5 Dec 2012, Glenn Adams wrote:

> ok, but i can't help but hearing an US vs THEM theme here; i certainly
> don't have the perception that the WHATWG is operating as a W3C entity
> or within W3C process

There's definitely an "us" vs "them" here. There's the people doing the
work, and the people copying the work. Whether it's a WG copying a CG or
the W3C copying the WHATWG or even one editor in a WG copying the work of
another editor in the same WG, if it's done without the involvment of the
person doing the work, it's both introducing massive confusion to the
market (with multiple conflicting drafts that all claim to define the same
thing, resulting in lower interop because implementors don't know which to
follow), and it's just plain wrong (plagiarism). That anyone would do this
on a professional basis, or defend it once it happens, let alone that an
entire institution would support this, I find absolutly shocking.