Re: CfC: publish WD of XHR; deadline November 29

From: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 13:01:41 -0700
To: "Edward O'Connor" <eoconnor@apple.com>
Cc: www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>
For further clarification:

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 5:27 PM, Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com> wrote:

> Part of my opinion on this is based on various statements of Ian and
> ms2ger that appear to set the W3C and the WHATWG in opposition to one
> another. As such, I do not have the perception that the work in WHATWG is
> being done as part of W3C process.

For example, see [1], especially Ian's statement (my emphasis):

"I find the W3C's behaviour here to be increasingly "out of control",
as someone
I spoke to recently put it. It's discourteous and uncivil. If the W3C wants
to write their own specs then that's fine, but stop forking work done by
other people who have no interest in working with the W3C at this time.
This is just plagiarism."

If Ian has no interest in working with the W3C, then I don't know how the
WHATWG is operating as a W3C CG.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2012OctDec/0648.html