Invited Expert Agreement

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 11:11:15 +0200
To: rigo@w3.org
Cc: www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>
Hi Rigo,

I wanted to sign up to become an Invited Expert, but the Invited
Expert Agreement has this clause in the Copyright section:

"""The Invited Expert agrees to refrain from creating derivative works
that include the Invited Expert's contributions when those derivative
works are likely to cause confusion about the status of the W3C work
or create risks of non-interoperability with a W3C Recommendation.
Ā«BranchingĀ» is one example of a non-permissible derivative work."""
http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/2007/06-invited-expert.html#L118

Any chance this will change in the near future?

To be perfectly clear: I am not willing to invest my own time in
writing specifications that cannot be forked.

Kind regards,

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/