Re: Discussion on ISSUE-201: canvas-fallback

On Aug 9, 2012, at 10:34 PM, Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Maciej,
>
> Text fields are not currently allowed as children of canvas (at the validation level) but authors who choose to ignore validation could work around it.
>
> The content model for canvas in HTML5 [1]  is 'transparent' , which i believe means there is no specific limitations on allowed children. The content model for canvas in HTML LS differs somewhat [2]
>
> So I guess you are suggesting we modify the content model from transparent to transparent minus <input type=text> ?

My mistake. I do not propose changing the content model. I still think that any element which is a descendant of the canvas element should be allowed as the backing element for a hit region, rather than throwing an exception based on the type of element.

 - Maciej