Re: [css3-values] types and where attr() and calc() can be used

(Cc -www-style +www-archive to avoid spamming the list with unimportant
thingy.)

(12/04/24 4:17), Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 1:13 PM, Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu
> <kennyluck@csail.mit.edu> wrote:
>> (12/04/24 3:39), Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>>> Issue 3: Using the 'integer' type in attr() seems to be invalid in
>>> places that want <number>
>>> Closed as Invalid - the definition of the <number> type specifically
>>> says that a number is "either an <integer>, or ...".
>>
>> Well, the spec says "either an integer, or ..." You seem to have no
>> problem about treating "integer" and "<integer>" as synonyms, but I do
>> have a problem. Based on my impression, this sentence is talking about
>> the syntax of a <number>, while whether <integer> is a subtype of
>> <number> has to do with the semantics.
>>
>> So, no, this is not very satisfactory, but given that this amounts to an
>> editorial issue, this is my last try. The following are my editorial
>> proposals:
>
> What if I just link that line in the number definition to <integer>
> rather than "integer"?

Probably. (If there's a need for a true of false answer to "Satisfied?",
please fill in "Yes")

Seriously, you should ask another reader about this since I am already
biased towards your interpretation after you told me that this is the
editor's intention.

My sense is that if the spec doesn't change and if I were able to delete
my memory in my brain and reread this again I would still reach the same
conclusion. But now even that you say you can change this, I am no
longer able to provide you data about "first impression after reading this".

(For the rest of the issues, I am not going to reply them if that are
accepted.)

Cheers,
Kenny