Re: Dropping XMLHttpRequest 1 (just do 2)?

On 11/28/11 3:32 PM, ext Ian Jacobs wrote:
> On 28 Nov 2011, at 2:25 PM, Arthur Barstow wrote:

>>> Hi Art,

>>> That is my main question: is there any reason for XHR1 to survive? If not, then it seems like whatever is the thing people care about most should be XHR1.
>> The contents of the document at TR/XHR/ (aka XHR1) will not survive. The WG wants to replace the contents of TR/XHR/ with the contents of TR/XHR2/ (well actually, the latest ED of XHR2) and we will never again publish anything at  TR/XHR2/.
>
> Could you move what you want to XHR and call it "XMLHttpRequest 1"?

I think Anne does not want to include a version/level number in the title.

> You could (for now) end the XHR2 line with 1-page stub document that says "We've moved! But we're keeping this stub document in the case we really do want to publish an XHR2 someday."

Yes, we could do something like that.

It seems like this boils down to: is the Team (Pub, Comm and WebApps) OK
with going the redirect option? If not, what is the Team's recommendation?

-AB