Re: Updating of editors version of HTML5 spec

Hi Jonas,

I would be surprised if standards development did not involve a mix of
public/private/f2f/remote discussions using a variety of communication
mediums and fora.

Your use of the term 'sucked in' suggests these were discussions that
you did not want to be a part of, which is unfortunate.

an issue that comes to mind from your statements is canvas. There has
been a lot of debate and discussion in public fora.
I have witnessed the canvas discussion develop positively in the last
few months on the public canvas API mailing list [1] and also
witnessed public discussion and progress being made at TPAC, we have
at least one implementor (microsoft) actively working on spec text and
development and rich schwerdfeger from IBM putting a lot of time into
developing spec text and proposals.

The main problem with the canvas debate is not from the accessibility
side, its from the apparent 'owner' of the canvas 2d API spec, who has
consistently refused to engage on resolving the issue, instead
prefering denigrate the efforts of others.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-canvas-api/2011OctDec/
[2] http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/whatwg/20111112

regards
Stevef