Formal Objection to HTML/XHTML Compatibility Authoring Guidelines Last Call Working Draft

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 16:51:40 -0400
To: www-archive@w3.org
CC: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
[[[

The following is simply being repeated here so that it can be referred
to with a unique URI.  Original source:

http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/html5-last-call-poll/results#xq6

]]]

Lachlan Hunt:

     I object to this document being on the Rec-track. These are
     guidelines, and as such, they should be non-normative
     descriptions referring to the normative requirements in the HTML
     specification itself. If this document is to be published, it
     should instead be on the Note-track.

     I will repeal this formal objection on the condition that this
     document is no longer indended to be published as a Recommendation.