FYI: redbot updates

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 12:43:30 +1000
Cc: www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>
To: Hirotaka Nakajima <hiro@w3.org>
Hi,

Just so you know -- I've recently been working to make redbot workable as a standalone daemon. This has necessitated some changes in the APIs that your unicorn_ui.py uses.

Probably the easiest way to appreciate the changes is to look at how bin/redbot has changed. E.g.,
  - all test state is now captured in red.state (but for practical purposes, you should be able to inspect red.state as if it were the old red object)
  - you now need to call formatter.set_red(red.state)
  - you now call red.run with an argument that's a done callback.

I don't feel very confident editing the unicorn-specific code, so hopefully you'll have time to have a look. Tell me if you have any questions.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/