Methods of working: WebRTC WG and the PeerConnection spec

From: Harald Alvestrand <hta@google.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 13:33:54 +0200
To: Ian Hickson <ianh@google.com>
Cc: Stefan HÃ¥kansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com>, Francois Daoust <fd@w3.org>, www-archive@w3.org
Ian,

now that we have the WEBRTC W3C WG, we need to figure out an
expeditious way forward for getting the specs we need done.

One of the specs that falls within the group's area of "we need to see
that things get done" is clearly the PeerConnection spec, which many
see as a reasonable starting point for one level of the API
specification.

One possible course (but not the only one, of course):

- Split out the PeerConnection definition and associated stuff into a
separate document (exactly what "associated stuff" needs to come with
it is something we have to discuss)
- Publish a snapshot as a W3C draft under the WEBRTC WG's banner
- Attempt to get focused review of that using the WEBRTC participants
and mailing list

Does that make sense to you? Who else do we need to talk with before
getting it done?

Feel free to share this where you think it needs to be shared; I've
CCed www-archive so that there's a public copy.

          Harald and Stefan