Binary RDF (HDT) Submission

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 23:02:50 +0200
To: axel.polleres@deri.org, www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>
Hi Axel, re. [1], a few quick comments after a first skim:

1 I saw announcement of the submission on W3C's Semantic Web Activity
News via Planet RDF, but haven't seen mention on any of the usual
lists. Is it being discussed anywhere?

2 interesting! I've not looked in any detail at the algorithms, but
the general approach seems to make sense - I like the use of a VoID
header

3 the RDF Representations section in [2] doesn't mention
NTriples/NQuads, but I reckon these formats are particularly relevant
because they can be chunked

4 I didn't see a comparison of compression ratio/performance of HDT
with, say, gzipped NTriples (basically it's not clear at what scale
you might want to start using HDT)

5 I didn't get a clear idea how one would transfer this stuff over
HTTP -  Media Type And Content Encoding [3] didn't help much :(

Cheers,
Danny.

[1] http://www.w3.org/Submission/2011/03/
[2] http://www.w3.org/Submission/2011/SUBM-HDT-Related-20110330/