Re: revert requests

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 09:00:22 +0200
To: Shelley Powers <shelleyp@burningbird.net>
CC: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>
On 2011-06-18 04:06, Shelley Powers wrote:
> We shouldn't have to, at this time in the process, spend the next
> several months trying to spot the major changes that the editor
> introduces without any warning or any previous discussion. What makes
> things worse is that not ony are we having to deal with major
> differences between the W3C and WHATWG HTML documents, but now even the
> Last Call and editor's drafts of HTML5 at the W3C are significantly
> different--differences not introduced through the procedure you hold so
> dear.

+1 on this.

Last Call means that for every change to the "living standard",
*somebody* will need to figure out whether it needs to go to the HTML5
spec as well and make that happen (and nothing more). A "branch", so to
speak.

Until this happens, LC doesn't work for me. It's already impossible to
review the full spec; but having to watch for surprising feature
additions as we go along makes things much worse.

Best regards, Julian