Re: Normative status of author-only view of the HTML5 specification

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 16:24:46 +0300
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Cc: www-archive@w3.org
On Tue, 2011-06-07 at 16:56 -0700, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> Here are our public records of all Formal Objections that have been made and not withdrawn: <http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/formal-objection-status.html>. If there is anything missing from that page, please let us know; it's not clear to me from your message below if you believe you have a Formal Objection that still stands and needs Director review.

Are Formal Objections that have been addressed but not withdrawn tracked
anywhere? I have raised one Formal Objection[1] but the conditions that
would "remove" my objection have since been met. However, I don't recall
explicitly retracting the FO. (I might have and my recollection might be
bad.) If the conditions that I objected to were reinstated, would my
previous FO stand automatically? Or does everyone whose FO has once been
addressed have to track things to make sure there are no regressions?

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Jan/0423.html

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi