Re: protovis for schema.org visualization

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 12:30:47 +0200
To: Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenblas@deri.org>
Cc: Ed Summers <edsu@loc.gov>, Mo McRoberts <mo@nevali.net>, William Waites <ww@styx.org>, Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>, www-archive@w3.org
On 7 June 2011 12:18, Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenblas@deri.org> wrote:

> DanBri,
>
>> http://foaf.tv/tellyclub/schema.org/protovis-3.2/ex/dendrogram-full.html
>
> Awesome! I'd love to link/integrate in Schema.RDFS.org ...

Help yourself to anything you find, it's all experiments for now

> Any reason why you didn't use http://schema.rdfs.org/all.json directly? ;)

Another version btw
http://foaf.tv/tellyclub/schema.org/protovis-3.2/ex/indent-full.html

Yeah - two reasons.

1. the all.json isn't the json format that Protovis requires, so we'd
still need to parse it and re-order it. The tab-separated dump at
http://foaf.tv/tellyclub/schema.org/_types.txt isn't complicated to
read in (though I ended up bugging Mo into writing the Protovis JSON
serializer...).
2. I want to make something that visualizes schema.org-as-is, not just
schema.org as it might be (and also test the microdata for
parsability).

Any thoughts on a useful layout style?

cheers,

Dan