Re: Is Web Messaging spec ready for LC?

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 19:58:34 +0000 (UTC)
To: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
cc: Tab Atkins <jackalmage@gmail.com>, www-archive@w3.org
On Wed, 5 Jan 2011, Arthur Barstow wrote:

> Hi Ian - I noticed all of the bugs for the Web Messaging spec are
> closed.
>
> Are there any open issues/bugs/etc.

I forget what's in that fragment. Is it just postMessage and
MessageChannel? If so, then I don't see any pending feedback just from
scanning subject lines, though we really should see if we can find some
solution to the issues raised in the academic community. [1]

[1] http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~dawnsong/papers/2010%20emperors%20new%20api.pdf

> that must be addressed before the spec is ready for LC publication?

I'm in favour of regularly publishing RECs regardless of stability, so I
don't think pending feedback should block publication at any level.