Re: request to review HTML WG chairs decision on issue 133

Hi Mike, Steve and all,

On 2/2/11, Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org> wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
>> @2011-02-02 08:31 +0000:
>> hi mike, thanks for your detailed explanation.
>>
>> While i consider that the decision by the chairs decision was not based on
>> any explicitly stated process rule. It is now clear that the rule is:
>>
>> Once an issue is closed it loses its status as a pre last call issue
>
> Yeah, I think that's a close enough description.

Mon, 13 Dec 2010 22:01:00 +0000 Paul closed ISSUE-130 [1] without
prejudice since no change proposals were received by the Dec 10
deadline.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Dec/0119.html

Tue, 14 Dec 2010 18:47:02 -0600 Rich wrote a Change Proposal and
requested ISSUE-130 be reopened.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Dec/0132.html

Tue, 14 Dec 2010 20:26:40 -0500 Sam reopened ISSUE-130:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Dec/0133.html

But Rich did submit his change proposal before the January 22 [1]
cutoff date for escalating bugs for pre-LC consideration.

So maybe it is more about not submitting a proposal by that January 22
deadline?

But that is a bit confusing as the email doesn't state January 22 is
deadline for submitting proposals. it states:

"Jan 22, 2010 - cutoff for escalating bugs for pre-LC consideration -
all issues in tracker, calls for proposal issued by this date
Consequences of missing this date: any further escalations will be
treated as a Last Call comment."

It goes on to say,

"Feb 23, 2011 - every issue has at least one Change Proposal
Consequences of missing this date: issues will be closed without
prejudice and marked POSTPONED; can be reconsidered during LC or for a
later version of HTML."

Best Regards,
Laura
[1] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/LastCallTimeline