Re: allow use of HTML5 doctype in W3C specs

Hey, folks-

On 8/18/11 2:48 PM, Sam Ruby wrote:
> On 08/18/2011 02:44 PM, Ian Jacobs wrote:

>>> We do not really have to discuss this further I suppose (it is as it
>>> is), but I think this is as problematic as Working Groups making
>>> "formal" comments on each other's work, which in practice is usually
>>> a comment-by-proxy from a couple of people in the Working Group
>>> trying to make their point seem overly important. In fact it might be
>>> slightly worse, as by having your discussion Team-only we get no
>>> insight in how you arrived at your position.
>>
>> I would expect us to provide rationale for a decision. Is this what
>> you expect? Or fleshed out discussion?
>
> Like Anne, I would expect that the people doing the actual work would
> have an opportunity to directly participate.

I personally (e.g., not speaking as W3C staff) agree with Anne and Sam
here.  I don't recall anything that was said in W3C staff-only space
that seemed particularly sensitive or controversial (other than the
poorly-kept secret that MikeSmith is from 200 years in the future, when
HTML5 has already taken over not only the Web, but is the new
distributed OS for the human brain).

I would like for the discussion to be moved to some open forum as soon
as possible.  That said, I do understand that not everyone is
comfortable speaking in public... but their views could potentially be
reflected from other people.

Regards-
-Doug