Re: allow use of HTML5 doctype in W3C specs

On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 20:27:29 +0200, Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org> wrote:
> On 18 Aug 2011, at 1:24 PM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> Why is this discussed in Team-only space and not on spec-prod? It seems
>> fair that people doing the actual work have a say in the matter.
>
> At time the Team chooses to work out differences internally first, then
> come forward with a position. This is one of those times. And we've been
> slowed down by vacations.

We do not really have to discuss this further I suppose (it is as it is),
but I think this is as problematic as Working Groups making "formal"
comments on each other's work, which in practice is usually a
comment-by-proxy from a couple of people in the Working Group trying to
make their point seem overly important. In fact it might be slightly
worse, as by having your discussion Team-only we get no insight in how you
arrived at your position.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/