Re: Mozilla Proposal for HTML5 Spec Licence

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 15:28:10 -0400
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
CC: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>, www-archive@w3.org, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, "Michael(tm) Smith" <mike@w3.org>, Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
On 04/13/2011 03:01 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Apr 2011, Steve Faulkner wrote:
>
> ...I haven't been objecting on the W3C side and presumably
> why the W3C chairs have not been concerned about the divergence in the
> context of our charter.)

Speaking only on behalf of THIS chair, I am not only concerned about the
divergence, I am greatly surprised each and every time you seize on an
opportunity to widen the divergence when implementing over proposals
over which ABSOLUTELY NOBODY has objected.

If you have objections to any future proposal, I will continue to
encourage you to state such, and to provide Alternate or Counter
proposals whenever you do so.

- Sam Ruby