Re: [Fwd: Re: PUT and DELETE methods in 200 code]

<snip>
>> I think it's essential to think this through completely, not to rush it.
>
> +1, +1
>
> Just a (probably redundant) fyi: AtomPub covers similar ground, a lot
> of the considerations there will be relevant here -
>
> http://bitworking.org/projects/atom/rfc5023.html#edit-via-PUT

</snip>

This reminds me that one possible way to support PUT/DELETE would be
to only support it when the response representation contains a single
HTML.FORM and the etag for that representation corresponds to the
target resource of the HTML.FORM.

IOW, adopt AtomPub's pattern of using the response representation
meta-data rather than supporting direct manipulation of
if-match/if-none-match from the markup.

I'll note this in the doc, too.

Thanks.

mca