URLs and application/x-www-form-urlencoded

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 22:08:08 +0200
To: "Adam Barth" <abarth@gmail.com>
Cc: www-archive@w3.org, "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>
Hey Adam,

I discussed the application/x-www-form-urlencoded format with Ian earlier
today. I'm not sure what the most appropriate place would be for this
between the URL semantics/syntax specification and the URL API
specification. Since you plan on specifying an API for query parameters it
would make sense if the application/x-www-form-urlencoded format was
defined together with the URL stuff. Yay more work? :-)

Might even make sense to have all the URL stuff in one specification, but
I do not know how that plays with IETF/W3C.

Cheers,

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/