W3C Web Applications WG & Seeking implementation data for widget specs

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 12:52:45 -0400
To: serge.gourrier@get-telecom.fr, Cyril Concolato <cyril.concolato@enst.fr>
CC: Marcos Caceres <marcosc@opera.com>, www-archive@w3.org

  Hi,

First, I am a co-Chair of the W3C's Web Applications Working Group which
is responsible for creating the W3C's suite of Widget specifications
[Widgets].

Cyril has provided good feedback on these specs. I believe Institute
Telecom is a W3C Member and that Cyril has some type of affiliation with
Institute Telecom. As such, we would welcome Institute Telecom join the
Web Applications WG (aka WebApps) and to nominate Cyril to this WG. Is
that possible?

Second, the WebApps WG is seeking implementation data for the following
Widget specs:

1. Widget Packaging and Configuration
http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets/imp-report/

2. Digital Signatures for Widgets
http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-digsig/imp-report/

3. The Widget Interface (aka TWI)
http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-api/imp-report/

4. The 'view-mode' Media Feature:
http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-vmmf/imp-report/

If your organization has any implementation data (e.g. GPAC) to share
with us, please let us know.

FYI, we recorded some general implementation data in the following wiki
document and we welcome change requests:

    http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/WidgetImplementation

-Regards, Art Barstow