Re: repository for Web DOM Core

On Sun, 2010-09-19 at 15:28 +0200, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> >> and from a DVCS standpoint it makes sense that this remains a
> >> self-contained entity, much like the IndexedDB draft that is already
> >> hosted separately.)
> >
> > It seems a bug to me to have IndexedDB separate. It's not going to be
> > scalable if we created a new repository for each specification...
>
> Why would that not scale? We do not have that many specifications and they
> all fit within the same directory on TR/ too.

I guess if the name of the repository matches the short name of the TR
page, this will avoid conflicts.

>  That will also avoid having
> to merge each time for specifications you never touch, etc.

Good point.

btw, I'm not quite sure why you feel the need to go through me for the
creation of the mercurial repositories. Mike or Doug can request those
creations as well and I don't manage the mercurial server myself so,
while I'm ok to be in the loop, don't feel that you have to go through
me necessarily,

Philippe