registering the "up" link relation in new link-relations registry

From: Michael(tm) Smith <mike@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 22:53:25 +0900
To: Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org>
Cc: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, www-archive@w3.org
Hi Noah,

Per the new process documented in in draft-nottingham-http-link-header /
RFC 5988, I recently sent a message[1] to the links-relations@ietf.org
mailing list requesting registration of the relation name "up":

  [1] http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/link-relations/current/msg00062.html

In a reply[1], Mark Nottingham (in his role as the Designated Expert for
the link-relations registry) indicated that I should coordinate with you
about registration for the "up" relation name, since you are the person who
originally registered the "up" relation.

  [2] http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/link-relations/current/msg00080.html

So, if you could please review the text at the end of this message and let
Mark and I know if it looks OK, I'd appreciate it.

If it's not OK as-is, the preferred means for requesting a change would be
for you to file a bug in the HTML WG bugzilla database:

  http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/enter_bug.cgi?product=HTML%20WG&component=HTML5%20spec%20(editor:%20Ian%20Hickson)&priority=P3
  http://w3.org/brief/MjA2

Here are the registration details I've proposed:

Relation Name:
  up

  Provides a link to a document giving the context for the current
  document.

Reference:
  http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/links.html#link-type-up

Notes:
  Template to be added to W3C HTML5 specification before
  publication of next Working Draft

Michael(tm) Smith
http://people.w3.org/mike