Re: Timed tracks

On 05/12/2010 04:01 PM, Jonas Sicking wrote:
> On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 12:03 PM, Sam Ruby<rubys@intertwingly.net>  wrote:
>> On 05/12/2010 02:37 PM, Jonas Sicking wrote:
>>>
>>> For what it's worth, I'm happy to keep the work on WebSRT in the
>>> WhatWG working group. We can always submit it to the W3C once its a
>>> more stable proposal. That would seem allow us to work on the
>>> technical aspects of the spec in parallel with solving the complex
>>> question of which working group should handle it.
>>
>> Jonas, I encourage you to review the reasons why this section was removed
>> from the HTML5 spec, in the editor's own words:
>>
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010May/0197.html
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2010May/0099.html
>
> I'm not sure how this contradicts anything I said? Could you elaborate
> more in detail what you think I'm missing?

I did not suggest that you contradicted what Ian said.

That being said, I do believe that you embellished.

My claim was that if Ian does not want feedback, then he shouldn't
publish it inside the HTML5 draft itself.  This statement had nothing to
do with any "complex question" other than whether or not feedback was
desired at this point.

Beyond that, there is an uncomfortable split between the WHATWG and the
W3C.  Bringing that non-technical subject up in the context of
public-html is frankly non-productive.

I happen to believe that the WHATWG and W3C can cooperate.  If and when
this material is deemed ready to receive feedback, I will promise to
assist in finding the venue at the W3C that maximizes the amount of
technical review this document receives.

> / Jonas

- Sam Ruby