Re: Publication Request for 6 HTML WG drafts

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 11:07:31 -0500
To: Alexandre Bertails <bertails@w3.org>
CC: webreq@w3.org, www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, "Michael(tm) Smith" <mike@w3.org>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Alexandre Bertails wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sam Ruby wrote:
>> This request covers six documents, all of which have been approved by
>> the W3C Interaction Domain lead, and all to be published on March 4th:
>>
>> HTML5 - http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/
>> HTML Canvas 2D Context - http://dev.w3.org/html5/2dcontext/
>> HTML Microdata - http://dev.w3.org/html5/md/
>> HTML+RDFa - http://dev.w3.org/html5/rdfa/
>> HTML: The Markup Language - http://dev.w3.org/html5/markup/
>> HTML5 Differences from HTML4 - http://dev.w3.org/html5/html4-differences/
>
> Please
> * publish as HTML 4, per previous discussions
> * fix invalid HTML
> * fix broken links (and whatever else is broken)
>
> If you think these will be fixed by 4 March I can still publish them
> tomorrow, but per [1] we are now asking that when there are checker
> errors, you allow 3 days to work through them before the publication date.
>
> If you have any questions on checker output, don't hesitate to let me know.
>
> Also, I will be sure to await agreement between the team contact and the
> editors on the shortnames before publishing.

PLH will look into these problems this afternoon (ET).

> Best regards,
>
> Alexandre.
>
> [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2010JanMar/0073.html

- Sam Ruby