Re: Technical Parity with W3C HTML Spec

On Sat, 26 Jun 2010, Sam Ruby wrote:

> > > The process starts with opening a bug, per:
> > >
> > > http://dev.w3.org/html5/decision-policy/decision-policy.html
> >
> > That's the process for a working group member to request a change from
> > the editor (and later, if escalated, the chairs). That's not what I
> > was asking though. I mean what would the contact point be for a
> > cross-working-group decision to request a change that contradicts a
> > working group decision?
>
> http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/policies.html#WGAppeals

That appears to be the process for a working group member (the document
says "group participants") to request a change from Tim, bypassing the
working group altogether. That, again, is not what I was asking. I am
asking for the contact point for a cross-working-group decision to request
a change that contradicts a working group decision.

Are you saying that there is no way for the WHATWG to request a change
from the HTMLWG, as part of persuing convergence, short of having someone
in the WHATWG join the HTMLWG and follow the W3C's internal processes?