RE: recent email related to issues

There was a poll. I responded to the poll, as I thought
it was the responsibility of active working group members to respond
to polls.  Following the instructions, I added an opinion which I didn't
believe had already been expressed.

Normally, I expect working group "Last Call" happens when the working group
is in agreement that the spec has no known addressable technical flaws.
If last call is to happen soon, then removing things with known technical
flaws, or moving them to a separate spec with a different schedule,
would be appropriate.  That was what I believed the nature of my
argument was.

I don't see any reason to "withdraw" my response to the poll, but
I have no problem with people making a decision after actually
reading what I said (rather than, say, coming to some bizarre
conclusion based on a partial reading, or inferring some malicious
intent).

However, if you, the chairs, the staff, or anyone want to make a
decision to do something else, based on your collective best judgment,
I have no intention of objecting to anything. In particular, I have
no intent of objecting if you, in your collective judgment, wish
to withdraw the proposal to remove these elements at this time.

Larry
--
http://larry.masinter.net