RE: IE9 will not support aria-labelledby or aria-describedby

Hi Steve,

Thanks for bringing this issue to my attention. Apologies for the delay in replying: I was away on vacation for most of the last week and a half. While I was away, I forwarded your mail to others on the team and as you have seen they have reopened the bug for another look.

Both IE8 and IE9 support the aria-labelledby and aria-describedby attribute with UIA but that there are some aspects that could be improved with MSAA. The Inspect32 tool in the latest Windows SDK [1] shows this. The team will review the work involved in these potential changes and update the Connect bug appropriately.

Please don't hesitate to contact me again if you have concerns that you wish to raise in future.

Regards,

Adrian

[1] http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=35aeda01-421d-4ba5-b44b-543dc8c33a20&displaylang=en