Re: [foaf-protocols] Standardising the foaf+ssl protocol to launch the Social Web

Bruno Harbulot wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'll start by a list of points that could be standardized (open questions).
>
> First, on the authentication part:
>
> 1. Standardizing the representation format: RDF/XML, RDFa, N3?
>
>    We do need a common format that representation consumers must be able
> to understand and that representation publishers must produce.
> We've had issues with the libraries we've used. I think it's fair to say
> that existing RDF libraries can generally accept RDF/XML more often or
> better than they accept RDFa or N3.

Bruno,

Data representation has to be negotiable.

For sake of removing content negotiation requirement we should have
defaults (or example/suggested representations) such as; HTML+RDFa,
N3/Turtle, and RDF/XML.

But we shouldn't bind the protocol to any of the above.

I Don't have issues or strong views re. the other items :-)

[SNIP]

Kingsley