Re: Adopt ISSUE-105 canvas-usemap Change Proposal to add usemap attribute to the canvas element

From: Steven Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 10:31:33 +0100
To: Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>
Cc: www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>, Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>, Cynthia Shelly <cyns@microsoft.com>
hi Adrian,
I am writing to you as I am concerned by a decision made by the IE team not
to support the aria-labelledby and aria-descibedby attributes in IE9
These attributes are particularly important to accessibility in web based
applications for associating text labels and descriptions to controls.

I posted a bug
https://connect.microsoft.com/IE/feedback/details/555280/ie-platform-preview-does-not-support-multiple-values-in-aria-labelledby-and-does-not-support-aria-describedby
it
has been marked as won't fix.

I also provided deatiled test cases and results:
http://www.paciellogroup.com/blog/aria-tests/aria-labelledby-input.html

I am unsure of how to pursue this further and although you may not be the
right person to ask, you may know who is?

regards
Steve Faulkner