Re: HTML+RDFa is in-scope for HTML WG Charter

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 17:32:54 -0500
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
CC: RDFa WG Team/Chairs <team-rdfa-chairs-wg@w3.org>, Philippe le H├ęgaret <plh@w3.org>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, W3C Archive <www-archive@w3.org>
On 02/26/2010 05:08 PM, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>> Can I start telling people that RDFa is planned to be released as a part
>> of HTML5?
>
> For all our Working Drafts, there is no firm guarantee it will proceed
> to REC. The Working Group could decide to abandon the deliverable
> instead of taking it to Last Call. This is true even for the HTML5 draft
> itself. But it would be fair to say that we are currently treating
> HTML+RDFa as a REC-track deliverable.

Philippe, Maciej,

Thanks for the response, both of you have clarified what I had suspected:

* HTML WG is treating HTML+RDFa as a REC-track deliverable.
* HTML WG makes no firm guarantees on any draft proceeding to REC,
  including the main HTML5 spec itself.

-- manu

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: PaySwarming Goes Open Source