Re: Namespace for atommedia

Danny,

As the original author of AtomMedia I can speak to my main motivation
for using it rather than MediaRSS:

AtomMedia uses the hyperlink mechanism already built in to Atom, which
has the immediate benefit of being compatible with generic Atom clients
which know to hunt for link rel="enclosure" without having to duplicate
that information in media:content.

It was originally penned at a time where there was less use of MediaRSS
in Atom, when I felt that a more Atom-shaped extension might feel more
at home in an Atom feed. By being simpler I hoped to encourage more
consistency and thus simpler parsing compared to the various different
ways MediaRSS provides of saying the same thing. It could be argued that
since then adoption of MediaRSS as an Atom extension has increased to
the point where consumers would now be required to support both, and so
these points are moot.

To address Mark Nottingham's earlier point, media:description was added
to match the media:description in MediaRSS. It is possible that in Atom
land Atom's own "summary" element could serve that purpose.