HTML WG Discussion Forum (was: ISSUE-30 counter-proposal)

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 16:36:55 -0500
To: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
CC: Shelley Powers <shelleypowers@burningbird.net>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>, Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>, ext Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Hi, Folks-

Sam Ruby wrote (on 2/14/10 4:05 PM):
> Shelley Powers wrote:
>
>> I no longer know how to participate in the group. I cannot participate
>> in the group if the co-chairs continue in their uneven stewardship of
>> the group.
>
> So, for now, I would like to reserve public-html for discussions of the
> form of "hey Charles (or Ian): can you update your change proposal to
> include 'x'" or "hey Chairs: I'm not happy with either change proposal,
> and I would like to produce a third one, can I have n days in order to
> prepare it?"
>
> Other discussions can (and should) proceed. Just elsewhere, with results
> brought back to the larger group.

As a subscriber to www-archive, and as someone interested in allowing
people their say in the HTML process (even if they don't want to join
the WG to do so), isn't there a list that would be more appropriate to
such discussions?  Shelley and Tab want to debate something about
HTML... that seems in scope for *some* HTML WG list, if not public-html.

Why not use public-html-comments rather than www-archive?  That seems
more respectful to people participating in the HTML WG discussions, and
to people who would rather not have HTML WG-specific arguments spill
over into www-archive.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs