RE: Documents not in scope for HTML-WG

I know the working group decided that two years ago!

However, Working Groups do not have the authority to change
their charter. The charter is established by the director
after discussion by the AC. The AC discussion explicitly
removed 2D graphics from the charter, if you look at the
record, there was an earlier draft of the charter with
2D graphics that was explicitly removed.

So, it's fine. I'm not bringing this up in the working
group because the working group decision was clear.

I think it would be fine to update the charter to include
2D Context as actually within scope if that's what the
working group proposes and the Director and AC agree.

I wouldn't object to that.

But the W3C AC actually discusses charters, comes to
agreement about scope, and the discussions about charter
scope are intense, careful, and the wordings chosen
carefully. Companies decide whether or not to join a
working group and who to send as representatives based
on what the charter says.

So my point stands: whether or not the working group
decided to include this material, it is out of scope
for the current charter.

Larry
--
http://larry.masinter.net