buggy WebIDL parser for Exceptions in ReSpec

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 15:03:10 +0200
To: Robin Berjon <robin@robineko.com>
Cc: www-archive@w3.org
Hi Robin,

It seems that the WebIDL parser in ReSpec wrongfully expects exception
fields to be marked with the "attribute" keyword, when the WebIDL specs
doesn't:
http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebIDL/#prod-ExceptionMember

As I've corrected the WebIDL in FileWriter (and was about to apply the
same fix to the FileReader API), ReSpec now reports a problem in the
WebIDL of that document:
"Expected interface member, got: unsigned short code"
http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/file-system/file-writer.html

(I spotted that problem by runing FileWriter through the WebIDL checker;
I hope we can revisit the topic of better integrating ReSpec and the
checker at some point:
http://www.w3.org/2009/07/webidl-check?doc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2FTR%
2F2010%2FWD-file-writer-api-20100406%2F&input=&output=html
)

Thanks,

Dom