Re: ...and that URI

From: Norman Gray <norman@astro.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 08:19:56 +0100
To: public-lod@w3.org, www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>

Greetings,

2009/9/15 RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>:
> I guess you are not aware of the re-design of the W3C web site.
> Check the beta version of the upcoming SW page:
> http://beta.w3.org/standards/semanticweb/ (LOD is upfront :-)

It looks very attractive, but:

   * Under the 'Inference' head you have what appears to be a funny
character (intended to be a dash?) after 'one finds inference'.  It's
probably just an encoding slipup.

   * <hobbyhorse>'Linked data are...'?  I am most emphatic that 'data'
is a mass noun, and therefore singular.  Since some are rash enough to
disagree, the argument can potentially be sidestepped by something
like 'The linked data project is empowered...' or 'This linked data
web is empowered...'</hobbyhorse>

All the best,

Norman

--
Norman Gray  :  http://nxg.me.uk
Dept Physics and Astronomy, University of Leicester, UK