Re: vCard RDF merge....

Hi all:
I assume everybody is busy, but ... it is really urgent to have at least
a subset of vcard2006 stable and official asap. Maybe one can do it as
Dan did (afaik) in foaf - have a stable core and extend it in a
backwards compatible fashion as we go along. Make everything optional or
future extensions that is unclear at this stage.

But it is really hard to explain to anybody outside the field that there
are at least three incompatible ways of expressing a simple address. And
it puts a break on tool development, really.

Please, don't shoot the messenger ;-)

Martin

Renato Iannella wrote:

> On 24 Jul 2009, at 19:19, Martin Hepp (UniBW) wrote:
>
>> I think the vcard2006 ontology should be out quickly and simply define
>> the 40 % of the contact detail elements used in 95% of the cases ;-)
>> Don't let's start a new research project or complex engineering task,
>> but let's create a single, consensual recommendation for the basic
>> things now
>
> I agree 100%.....
>
> ....but must point out that the vCard2006 Ontology introduces
> properties that do not exist in vCard 3.0
>
> We should get these requirements into vCard 4.0
>

> Cheers...  Renato Iannella
> NICTA

martin hepp
e-business & web science research group
universitaet der bundeswehr muenchen

e-mail:  mhepp@computer.org
phone:   +49-(0)89-6004-4217
fax:     +49-(0)89-6004-4620
         http://www.heppnetz.de/ (personal)
skype:   mfhepp
twitter: mfhepp

Webcast:
http://www.heppnetz.de/projects/goodrelations/webcast/

Recipe for Yahoo SearcMonkey:
http://tr.im/rAbN

Talk at the Semantic Technology Conference 2009:
"Semantic Web-based E-Commerce: The GoodRelations Ontology"
http://tinyurl.com/semtech-hepp

Overview article on Semantic Universe:
http://tinyurl.com/goodrelations-universe

Project page:
http://purl.org/goodrelations/

Resources for developers:
http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/wiki/GoodRelations

Tutorial materials:
CEC'09 2009 Tutorial: The Web of Data for E-Commerce: A Hands-on Introduction to the GoodRelations Ontology, RDFa, and Yahoo! SearchMonkey
http://tr.im/grcec09