Fwd: Franz - Entity Extraction

for ref

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Craig Norvell - Franz Inc. <cnorvell@franz.com>
Date: Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 2:16 AM
Subject: Franz - Entity Extraction
To: danbri@danbri.org
Cc: Walter Pezzini <wpezzini@expertsystem.net>

Dan,

The entity extraction is with Expert System's Cogito product.   They
are the experts in this area and we are going to have a Webinar
(10/21) to introduce how to combine the respective products.

We are still exploring a relationship between our two companies and
how we might present the two technologies to "customers", so any
thoughts or ideas you would like to offer are welcome.

I asked Walter Pezzini (copied) from Expert System to address your
questions and he offered the following reply.

If you have time to attend the Webinar that would be great, it will be
available as a recording afterwards.

Regards,

Craig Norvell
Franz Inc.
2201 Broadway, Suite 715
Oakland, CA 94612
Office +1 (510) 452-2000 x165
Fax +1 (510) 452-0182
Skype - cnorvell

..... can your entity extractor generate dbpedia IDs, foaf, skos?

No, not currently. It generates an XML output that specifies for each
entity a name, a type, offset in the original text and other
properties. Usually conversion to other specific formats is done in
post-processing.

> will you run public webservices?

Not at this time. The entity extractor can be run as a web service
eventually from Expert System’s offices as SaaS but only with
restricted access to customers (no public access).

> can it be tuned by domain?

YES. Most definitely. We already have customizations for specific
verticals and the tool is designed to very easily be tuned for a
specific vertical or even a specific customer.