Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility

From: James Graham <james@hoppipolla.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 22:11:54 +0200
To: www-archive@w3.org, shelleyp@burningbird.net
> 1) Calling a participant "shrill" invokes gender stereotypes in a way
> that is completely inappropriate.

Since this is a word that I used on irc, I feel I should respond.

I did not imagine that my choice of words would invoke any form of
gender stereotyping. I don't know if this is because of my own naivety
or some cultural difference in the use of language. In any case it seems
that I was mistaken. In light of this, I apologise for any offense that
I have caused to Shelley or anyone else.