Re: Title of the HTML5 document

Could you clarify who this e-mail is intended for?

It would be helpful if you could reply to the questions in:

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009May/0238.html

...as without answers to those questions it isn't clear what you position
is and thus it isn't clear how to address your concerns.

As far as I'm concerned:

On Sun, 24 May 2009, Larry Masinter wrote:

> (not sent to the list)
>
> With regard to "what the document itself is named", could you
> please clarify:
>
> Is it your position that discussion of the title is out of scope
> and not "something that needs to be resolved"? That what the
> document is named is settled and should not be a discussion
> topic?

I have no position on this. The title of the spec is a non-technical issue
and thus makes no difference to me. The spec itself was called "Web
Applications 1.0" in the past, it was renamed to "HTML5" on the request of
the W3C HTML WG after an overwhelming vote in favour to do so. I would
presume that reverting such a unanimous decision (one of the very few
official decisions this working group has ever made) would require a
similarly overwhelming vote.

> Are you willing to suggest other titles that might be more acceptable to
> the group, if my suggestions don't meet your approval?

As far as I'm aware the current title is the one most acceptable to the
group, according to working group vote.