Re: Comments about microdata

Hi,

On May 13, 2009, at 12:54, Henri Sivonen wrote:

> itemprop may take an 'absolute URL'. However, an 'absolute URL' is
> defined in terms of resolving onto itself and the algorithm for
> resolving URIfies URLs. Therefore, it seems that an absolute IRI
> cannot be an absolute URL. Since RDF seems to allow IRIs as
> properties and the current practice is to allow IRIs in various
> places, it seems to me that itemprop should take absolute IRIs
> instead of absolute URLs or the definition of absolute URL should be
> adjusted.

I wrote the above on public-html. Hixie advised me to bring it to your
attention specifically, because it seems the definition of 'absolute
URL' has undesirable implications. That is, a definition under which
an absolute IRI is also an absolute URL would be desirable.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi