Re: vCard - Old vs. New?

Hi Renato, Tim,

I completely agree with Renato and wanted to emphasize that my original
email was not meant in any way to diminish the importance of the earlier
work he did on vCard in RDF or to say that the new note is perfect. In
fact, the last Social Web camp gave Harry, Dan, and myself a chance to
discuss some of the improvements that could made to the document,
including examples and an explanation of the two ways of using vCard in
RDF (where properties are attached to a vcard:VCard vs. properties
attached to a foaf:Person).

As you say the issue is more general. I wouldn't mind seeing the W3C to
become the organization where ontologies are developed in a
collaborative fashion and hosted in a long term, but as you say that
requires a process, and in general a certain level of commitment.
Practically, I would be happy with cleaning up the existing notes and
putting in place some barriers for entry so that people can not easily
submit any half-baked ontology as a member submission or note of some sort.

Thanks,
Peter