Re: [whatwg] notes on current HTML5 draft

On May 4, 2009, at 11:15, Larry Masinter wrote:

> http://canvex.lazyilluminati.com/misc/cgi/issues.cgi/
>
> gives me a list of 15 issues.

It shows 15 folders.

> http://www.whatwg.org/issues in Chrome listed hundreds

I see 15 folders there, too, in Minefield (HTML5 parsing-enabled
version).

> The HTML working group should manage priorities of the HTML document
> without requiring registration on the proprietary "WhatWG.org" site.
> W3C has extensive tools for managing priorities and issues, designed
> to insure an open process. This isn't.

It seems to be a standard operating procedure that an editor of a
working group runs an issue tracker outside the w3.org space. Consider http://htmlwg.mn.aptest.com/xhtml2-issues/

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi