Re: New Telcon Time: Vote!

aloha, doug!

thank you for setting up a WBS version of the survey...

as for the rest of your comments, all i will say is that i'm not
interested in catching flies -- i'm interested in SVG, and would like
very much to participate in the SVGIG, not having the time -- nor the
tools or expertise -- necessary to partake in the deliberations of the
SVG WG itself...  the SVGIG is a public forum that seeks to create an
environment where SVG is widely, appropriately, and accessibly used, so
i fail to understand why i should be castigated (pilloried, doug?
really?), for pointing but that your original instructions on how to
use the survey tool, both in the announcement and on the tool itself,
make very little sense outside of a visual, point and click (or in the
case of paint, i suppose, "select by dragging") context...  nor does it
help that information -- such as UTC equivalencies -- is contained in
mouseOver onHover events, but i didn't email you -- nor try to hook you
up with people who are more than willing to work with you for the common
good by circulating my reply to your announcement to a related public
forum -- just to get into a pissing contest with you over the ideal being
the enemy of the practical...  there is nothing outrageous or duplicitous
about my emessages or by my attempt to broaden the conversation; it was
not done with intent to "embarrass" or "shame you" -- and please note
that not all that appears between quotation marks is a quotation, and
that those i just employed are emphatic quotes, just as the "air-quotes"
around the words "below the belt" and "unfair" were intended as emphasis,
it being my habit to usually mark a quote explicitly with the word quote,
because one can never take any capacity on the part of an end user for
granted, and no where is that more so than in the case of assistive
technology and alternate renderings -- capitalization and indications of
quotes are 2 of the very very few things one can usually depend upon
being successfully expressed in an aural or tactile, as well as a visual,
environment -- there isn't any indicator for bold or emphasis or italics
in braille codes, and in many, the idea of wasting space indicating a
single capital letter, let alone an entire word or term, is considered
incomprehensible...

besides, doug, as i know i've told you before, there's no point in
getting into a pissing contest with a blind man -- you'll just get soaked
and you'll both end looking the fool...  gregory.
   "Most Fools think they are only ignorant."
                   Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, 1748
   Gregory J. Rosmaita, oedipus@hicom.net