Re: Making it possible to use an <svg> root in text/html

On Mar 4, 2009, at 13:58, Henri Sivonen wrote:

> Some notes about the implications of making it possible to use <svg>
> as the root element in text/html.
>
> * The 'before html' insertion mode would get a new entry:
>   A start tag whose tag name is "svg"
[...]
>    Let the secondary insertion mode be "after body", and then switch
> the insertion mode to "in foreign content".

Oops. That wouldn't work. The secondary mode needs to be "in body".
Then popping the root <svg> would need to go to an "after svg" mode
where random junk would trigger the root replacement trick that my
previous email had for breaking out of foreign content when the root
is foreign.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi