Re: [png-mng-misc] Errata for PNG spec (tRNS chunk)

From: <glennrp@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 18:04:34 +0000 (UTC)
To: PNG/MNG discussion list <png-mng-misc@lists.sourceforge.net>
Cc: david Duce <daduce@brookes.ac.uk>, www-archive@w3.org, Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>, Glenn Randers-Pehrson <glennrp@gmail.com>
> has enough process been completed on the W3C side for me
> to effectively say to Dick that W3C has approved this erratum
> through its processes and hence we now invite ISO/IEC to do
> likewise?

I've looked back through some old files. This error must have creapt in
very early on. Certainly the PNG 1.1 and 1.2 drafts I have use the RGB
order.

    I believe the PNG-1.2 draft establishes our position, so I don't
    think a formal vote is necessary. Our voting process takes a
    minimum of 28 days.  I recall that in the past we have used
    a Call for Unanimous Consent or Call for Objection, which took
    14 days.  But in this instance I don't think even that is required.

    Glenn