Re: Quirks mode vs. standards mode

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 10:23:57 +0300
Cc: www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>
To: smpsmail-forums@yahoo.com
On Jun 6, 2009, at 02:21, smpsmail-forums@yahoo.com wrote:

> Is there anywhere a list of things that cause browser go into Quirk
> mode?
> I have pages that are validated with W3C transitional, but Forefox
> page info shows quirks mode. It's not like it makes any difference,
> but it is just puzzling.
> Thanks,
> Lazar
> P.S. I apologize if I am not properly replying to the archive
> message. I just clicked on Reply link.

This message is off-topic for public-html. Public-html is for
discussion about developing the HTML spec--not for authoring questions.

Information about what makes browsers as implemented go into the
quirks mode is available at
http://hsivonen.iki.fi/doctype/

The spec about what should make browsers go into the quirks mode is at
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/syntax.html

A validator that complains about pages that would trigger the quirks
mode is at
http://html5.validator.nu/

--
Henri Sivonen