Re: Quirks mode vs. standards mode

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 10:23:57 +0300
Cc: www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>
To: smpsmail-forums@yahoo.com
On Jun 6, 2009, at 02:21, smpsmail-forums@yahoo.com wrote:

> Is there anywhere a list of things that cause browser go into Quirk
> mode?
> I have pages that are validated with W3C transitional, but Forefox
> page info shows quirks mode. It's not like it makes any difference,
> but it is just puzzling.
> Thanks,
> Lazar
> P.S. I apologize if I am not properly replying to the archive
> message. I just clicked on Reply link.

This message is off-topic for public-html. Public-html is for
discussion about developing the HTML spec--not for authoring questions.

Information about what makes browsers as implemented go into the
quirks mode is available at

The spec about what should make browsers go into the quirks mode is at

A validator that complains about pages that would trigger the quirks
mode is at

Henri Sivonen