Re: Why Design Principles?

Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> Hi Leif,
>
> Your response takes the tone of a conspiracy theory. Things like your
> use of the word "hegemony" and your apparent belief that the Design
> Principles are an elaborate plot against the profile="" attribute make
> it hard to evaluate or respond to your feedback.
>
> In the past you've lumped Rob Sayre in the same "hegemony" as Ian, yet
> Rob has stated his strong opposition to many of Ian's actions as editor,
> and even wrote an alternate HTML5 draft that makes different decisions
> on what features are in or out.
>
> I can assure you that the Design Principles were not written with
> profile="" in mind. As one of the editors, I personally do not care
> either way about profile="", and I've certainly not made it my mission
> in life to stamp it out. In fact, if it were up to me, I would make use
> of profile="" conforming, if only to remove the need to argue about it
> further.
>
> I suggest you resubmit your feedback without the conspiratorial tone.

I also take exception to the use of terms like "hegemony" (hey: am I in
on it too?), but would also like to add that public-html is intended for
technical discussion.  People have a hard enough time keeping up with
the bandwidth as is, meta-discussion such as this one should be taken
off list, possibly copying www-archive in order to allow others to see
and/or refer to it.

Thanks.

> Regards,
> Maciej