Re: Design Principles, Section 1.6.1 relationship to HTML 4.01

From: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 12:54:39 -0500
To: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Cc: www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>, "Dailey, David P." <david.dailey@sru.edu>, Leif Halvard Silli <lhs@malform.no>
Hi Sam,

>> If it is decided to publish the Working Draft as a note, I previously
>> proposed language for a disclaimer [8]. David has also asked for a
>> suitable disclaimer [9]. I think it was Chaals who suggested that  the
>> group should publish a version indicating the document is no longer an
>> active work item.
>
> I've also gotten off-list feedback by another individual that nobody has
> objected to his disclaimer.  I *hate* such off-list feedback.

Agreed, on-list communication aids transparency and openness of
process. My messages have been on-list.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Jun/0032.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009May/0170.html

> Let me be clear: I am *not* going to do the work of producing such a
> document with such a disclaimer.

Thanks for clarifying your position.

> If you wish to convince Maciej to put
> forward such a disclaimer, I am fine with that.

Maciej are you open to a disclaimer of some sort that recognizes
minority descent?

> If you can't convince
> Maciej and produce a document which you believe will receive less
> objections, then I will help in assessing consensus on such a document,
> either separately or in conjunction with Maciej's draft.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Laura

--